The human body is naturally home to both good (probiotic) and bad (pathogenic) bacteria, and keeping a healthy balance is important for good digestion and immunity. However, the body's intestinal balance of probiotics and pathogens is delicate, and can easily be upset by factors such as antibiotics, stress, ageing, and diet. For this reason, many people like to replenish their levels of good bacteria with a high quality probiotic supplement.
People with a severe imbalance of good and bad bacteria in intestines may include:
- Those on long term antibiotics
- Those who suffer from conditions such as IBS, or IBD (eg. Crohn's Disease)
- People with skin conditions such as eczema or acne
- People with busy lifestyles
The probiotic strains in For daily wellbeing EXTRA Strength are some of the world's most researched and best documented strains.
Filler: Micro-crystaline cellulose; Probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®, Lactobacillus paracasei Lpc-37, Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07, Bifidobacterium lactis Bl-04, Bifidobacterium bifidum Bb-02), Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, Anticaking agents: magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide.
As a food supplement For daily wellbeing EXTRA probiotic can be given to adults and children (from 1 year upwards) with the following recommendations:
- Take one to two capsules daily with food, preferably breakfast, or as professionally directed.
- Drink plenty of water with your course of probiotics.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the contents of the capsule can be mixed with a cold meal or beverage.
- Probiotics will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
It is not recommended to give probiotics to severely immunosuppressed patients, infants with short bowel syndrome (SBS), post cardiac surgery, patients wth pancreatitis, patients in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) or patients with blood in the stool unless under a doctors care.
No need to refrigerate